James Hornecker, Research Fellow for the St. Paul Center for Biblical Theology, holds a Master's Degree in Theology from Franciscan University of Steubenville and has done doctoral studies in Systematic Theology at Catholic University of America.
He is a speaker and the author of a popular Bible Study on the Gospel of Mark entitled The Lion's Roar, published by Family Life Center Publications. Dr. Hahn has described The Lion's Roar as "a rare treasure: a compendium of solid biblical and historical interpretation presented in a family-friendly, easy-to-understand format."
Mr. Hornecker lives in the Chicago area with his wife Andrea and their four children (Jacob, Zachary, Catherine, and Michael).
Ph.D. program, Systematic Theology, Catholic University of America, Washington, DC. (Partial completion)
M.A., Theology, Franciscan University, Steubenville, OH.
B.S., Marketing, Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, CA.
Theology and Ministry Experience
Director of Religious Education, St. Mary’s Catholic Church, Farmington, NM.
Diocesan Religious Education Committee, Diocese of Gallup, NM
Research Assistant, Catholic University of America, Washington, DC
Teaching Assistant, Franciscan University, Steubenville, OH
Team Leader, N.E.T. Ministries, W. St. Paul, MN
Publications, Articles & Presentations
- The Lion’s Roar: A Beginner’s Bible Study on the Gospel of St. Mark, Family Life Center Publications, Port Charlotte, FL.
- The Lion’s Roar: Leader’s Guide on CD-ROM, Family Life Center Publications, Port Charlotte, FL.
- The Lion’s Roar: Author Explanations & Commentary, Family Life Center Publications, Port Charlotte, FL, (Audio Series).
- The Role of Parental Faith in Mark
- A Proposed Explanation for the Abiathar Reference in Mark 2:26