By Fr. Vincent Lampert
Fr. Vincent P. Lampert is the Pastor of St. Michael and St. Peter Parishes in Brookville, Indiana. In 2005 he was appointed the Exorcist for the Archdiocese of Indianapolis. He received his training in Rome and is a member of the International Association of Exorcists. He is the author of Exorcism: The Battle Against Satan and His Demons.
Scripture tells us “Be not afraid” 365 times—once for every day of the year! No matter the challenges we face in our lives, God has given us many gifts to strengthen and encourage us.
- Read and Use Scripture: Jesus himself used Scripture to renounce Satan, and so should we. Arm yourself with powerful verses that bring light, hope, and peace into your struggles.
- Practice Marian Devotion: The Blessed Mother is our ally, full of grace, who leads us to her Son. The Rosary is own of our greatest weapons in spiritual battle.
- Frequent the Sacraments: The seven sacraments fill us with God’s grace. Each of them— but particularly the Eucharist—help nourish, fortify, and sanctify us.
- Pray and Fast: Jesus told the disciples that certain demons could only be cast out through prayer and fasting. Prayer connects us to God, while fasting creates an emptiness in us that reminds us that our longings can only be satisfied by God.
- Call Upon your Guardian Angel: Our guardian angels not only protect us, but they inspire us, instruct us, and illumine us to always be about the things of God.
You Might Also Like
At a time when many Christians no longer practice their faith, there has been an increase in the attention given to the devil and his devious ways. Because the devil seeks to destroy and separate us from God, all Catholics must be on guard. In Exorcism: The Battle Against Satan and His Demons, Fr. Vincent P. Lampert, a seasoned exorcist, presents authentic Catholic teaching on the devil and his plan against humanity.
In A Church in Crisis: Pathways Forward, Ralph Martin offers a detailed look at the growing hostility to the Catholic Church and its teaching. With copious evidence, Martin uncovers the forces working to undermine the Body of Christ and offers hope to those looking for clarity.