Send applications or inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Marketing
St. Paul Center for Biblical Theology
Steubenville, OH (35 minutes west of Pittsburgh International Airport)
About the Employer
The St. Paul Center for Biblical Theology is a non-profit research and educational institute that promotes life-transforming Scripture study in the Catholic tradition. The St. Paul Center is a focused team led by founder and President Dr. Scott Hahn, that is passionate about the Center’s mission to encourage and assist all Catholics to read Scripture from the heart of the Church. The Center serves clergy and laity, students and scholars, with research and study tools - from books and publications to multimedia and online programming.
The St. Paul Center is seeking a data-driven and results-driven Director of Marketing whose primary responsibility is marketing and selling the St. Paul Center’s most popular resources and programs in print and digital formats.
The objective for this professional is to get our life-transforming resources into the hands of as many people as possible.
The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit for initiating growth of product sales, a willingness to test new marketing strategies, and an analytical approach to tracking and measuring the success of various campaigns.
Passion, energy and interpersonal skills are crucial as the goal of this position will be motivating people to utilize the Center's resources. The target market includes individuals who seek to advance their understanding of Scripture a well as the organizations and institutions that are helping them do so. Correspondingly, you will need to build strong relationships with key decision-makers and influencers at dioceses, parishes, colleges/universities, high schools and other organizations involved in Catholic Faith Formation.
Marketing Director Responsibilities:
- Develop a comprehensive digital marketing strategy, which would encompass promotional calendars and programs, new product introductions, and other marketing projects
- Communicate the approved marketing plan to affected departments (warehouse, editorial, fundraising, etc.)
- Develop innovative advertising, public relations, social media, email marketing and promotions
- Demonstrate a willingness to test new digital marketing strategies and promotions
- Track the ROI for different marketing strategies and campaigns and then leverage that data to optimize future decision-making.
- Build brand awareness and positioning to establish and grow a target market share.
- Identify opportunities and organize marketing materials for worthwhile company conferences, trade shows, and major events.
- Oversee the marketing at all events.
- Conduct customer, brand and product awareness initiatives.
- Coordinate with the System Admin to ensure timeliness and inclusion of marketing materials are displayed on the company’s website.
- Contribute to marketing effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
- Maintains relations with customers by organizing and developing specific customer- relations programs.
- Assists the CFO with preparation of an annual marketing budget and scheduling expenditures.
- Builds marketing team by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Directs and manages marketing team.
- Develops marketing staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Advocates products and timelines that maximize impact and/or revenue.
Marketing Director Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field – Master’s degree a plus.
- Thorough understanding of marketing and what it takes to run a marketing team.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to multitask.
- Strong copywriting skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work within budgets.
- Professional and proactive work ethic.
- High competence in project and stakeholder management.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Experience with digital marketing forms such as social media marketing and content marketing.
- Flexibility to transition seamlessly among projects of varying scale, audience, format, and distribution channel.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Continued familiarity with current marketing techniques and best practices
- Knowledge of web analytics (e.g. Google Analytics, WebTrends etc.) and Google Adwords
- Extensive knowledge of the Catholic Faith and Catholic market
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.