Let’s Talk is a catechetical program specifically designed to help high school students lead full, authentic lives. Developed by an experienced religious educator and youth minister, Let’s Talk presents a comprehensive and engaging overview of Catholic doctrine following the framework of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.
In Let’s Talk: Friendship, Well-Being, and More, topics for discussion include
- Relationships and God’s Self-Revelation
- Knowledge and the teaching of Christ
- Saving money and the gift of faith
- Health and Jesus
- Education and the Holy Spirit and more.
Especially useful for parish youth ministry programs, the series of four easy-to-use Let’s Talk workbooks offers
- Guided discussions on topics that matter most to teens—friends, family, health, sex, relationships, education, career choices, financial planning, just having fun, and more!
- Direct references to Scripture and The Catechism of the Catholic Church that provide a solid foundation to discussions
- Easy-to-follow, systematic format to keep group discussions productive
- Conversation starters that relate the truths of the faith to everyday life
- A “ Bringing it Home” challenge to encourage teens to continue the conversation at home with their parents
- A helpful answer section at the end of each workbook
- The opportunity to form positive peer relationships through sharing and dialogue.
About the Author
Ken Ogorek is the Director of Catechesis for the Archdiocese of Indianapolis, and has given numerous presentations at a variety of Catholic conferences and workshops throughout the country. For over fifteen years, Ken has been involved with religious education in nearly all its facets. He has spoken at the St. John Bosco Conference, National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry, National Conference for Catechetical Leadership (roundtable presentation), as well as numerous diocesan events across the country.
“Let’s Talk offers an inviting resource for anyone who wants to engage young people in conversations about faith and life. Integrating Sacred Scripture and The Catechism of the Catholic Church, Ogorek provides a systematic presentation of the Catholic faith through his delightful technique of interactive dialogue. The author uses common experiences of teenagers as entry points for deeper conversations about their faith and relationships with God. Let’s Talk is a welcome tool providing practical, age-appropriate conversation starters for anyone involved in ministry with youth.”
—Cardinal Donald W. Wuerl, Archbishop of Washington
“Ken Ogorek provides an effective resource for youth ministry and catechetical leaders interested in creating facilitated conversations on a wide spectrum of life issues and anchored in our Catholic beliefs. The Let’s Talk process includes background material, reflections, and discussion questions—with sample answers, as well as a parent component. This resource is useful as a set course or as individual sessions on retreats and in youth gatherings, providing great flexibility for leaders.”
—Robert J. McCarty, Executive Director, National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry
“Let’s Talk takes teens’ desire for discussion and runs with it. Whether it’s during an interview for my radio talk show or in writing, Ken has a clear and conversational style of conveying the beauty of Church teaching in a way that Catholics of all ages can understand and appreciate. Youth ministers will find Let’s Talk to be very useful in fulfilling their call to share the faith with teens in each parish.”
—Teresa Tomeo, Motivational Speaker, Bestselling Catholic Author, Syndicated Catholic Talk Show Host
There are no reviews yet.