Letter & Spirit Vol. 1: Reading Salvation: Word, Worship, and the Mysteries makes accessible to clergy, students, and laity the finest Catholic biblical scholarship.
This volume includes:
- “Allegory and the Interpretation of the Old Testament in the 21st Century” by Robert Louis Wilken
- “The Sacrifice of Isaac in Genesis and Hebrews: A Study in the Hermeneutic of Faith” by James Swetnam, S.J.
- “The ‘Ransom for Many,’ the New Exodus, and the End of the Exile: Redemption as the Restoration of All Israel (Mark 10:35-45)” by Brant Pitre
- “Memorial and Typology in Jewish and Christian Liturgy” by Sofia Cavalletti
- “Rediscovering St. Thomas Aquinas as Biblical Theologian” by Christopher T. Baglow
- “The Spiritual Sense in De Lubac’ s Hermeneutics of Tradition” by Marcellino D’ Ambrosio
Tradition & Traditions:
- “To the New Student of Sacred Scripture” by Hugh of St. Victor
- “The Sacrament of Sacred Scripture” by F.X. Durrwell, C.Ss.R.
- “Vatican II and the Truth of Sacred Scripture” by Augustin Cardinal Bea S.J
About the Series
Letter & Spirit seeks to foster a deeper conversation about the Bible. This new journal of biblical theology, published in collaboration with Scott Hahn and the St. Paul Center for Biblical Theology, takes a crucial step toward recovering the fundamental link between the literary and historical study of Scripture and its religious and spiritual meaning in the Church’s liturgy and Tradition.
Published annually, the Letter & Spirit journal is essential reading for clergy, students, and laity.