The Bible and the Sacraments
The Bible and the Sacraments is unlike any other study on the sacraments. Certainly it looks at the basic teaching of the Church as to their meaning and origin. But it goes further. It investigates the deeper mystery of the sacraments as illuminated by Sacred Scripture.
Examining the rich relationship between the Old and New Testaments, it reveals the sacraments as more than mere earthly rituals. They are incredible “‘powers that come forth’ from the Body of Christ” (CCC 1116).
The Bible and the Sacraments is based on the work of world-renowned theologian Dr. Scott Hahn. Presented by popular speaker and author Matthew Leonard, the deep mysteries and truths of the sacraments come alive in a whole new way.
- Lesson One: Introduction to the Mysteries
- Lesson Two: The Ritual of Family
- Lesson Three: The Waters of Salvation (Baptism)
- Lesson Four: On a Mission for God (Confirmation)
- Lesson Five: The Sacrificial Offering (Eucharist)
- Lesson Six: Lamb of God (Eucharist)
- Lesson Seven: Heaven on Earth (Eucharist)
- Lesson Eight: Reconciled to God (Penance)
- Lesson Nine: Spiritual Healing (Anointing of the Sick)
- Lesson Ten: Brides and Bridegrooms (Marriage)
- Lesson Eleven: Ordained to Serve (Priesthood)
Swear to God by Scott Hahn is the book upon which this study is based. Each lesson also contains supplemental readings from Speaking the Love of God by Jacob Wood and the Catechism of the Catholic Church. We highly recommend the supplemental readings as you complete the study.