Coming Lent 2019
We're excited to announce that on Ash Wednesday, March 6, we’re launching our newest Journey Through Scripture study, Genesis to Jesus!
This is the study that started it all fifteen years ago. It presents the whole sweep of salvation history, and helps you make sense of the Bible, literally, from Genesis to Jesus.
How It Works
The study consists of four main parts: the videos, the workbook, the supplemental materials, and the leader guide. The videos contain the bulk of the content, and can be viewed by themselves for a rich catechetical experience, but they were designed to be accompanied by the workbook. With a space for notes, recommended reading assignments, review questions, discussion questions and review notes, you’ll be fully prepared to absorb the rich content from the videos.
Supplemental readings come from A Father Who Keeps His Promises, the Bible, the Catechism of the Catholic Church, and Dei Verbum. Our participant kit offers the workbook and A Father Who Keeps His Promises at a bundle discount.
Host a group at your Parish or home! Check out our Small Group Planning Guide to get started!
- Lesson 1: Reading Scripture with the Church
- Lesson 2: The Old & the New
- Lesson 3: Covenant with Creation
- Lesson 4: Fall from Grace
- Lesson 5: A New Beginning
- Lesson 6: Our Father in Faith
- Lesson 7: From Egypt to Sinai
- Lesson 8: Wandering in the Wilderness
- Lesson 9: Rise of the Covenant Kingdom
- Lesson 10: Features of the Kingdom
- Lesson 11: New Moses, New Covenant
- Lesson 12: The Kingdom Transformed
Journey through Scripture
Genesis to Jesus is part of the St. Paul Center for Biblical Theology’s dynamic Journey Through Scripture Bible study series.
Journey through Scripture is the St. Paul Center’s flagship Bible study program designed to help ordinary Catholics grow in their knowledge of the Scriptures while deepening their understanding of the riches of our faith. Journey through Scripture takes a holistic approach, looking at the entire Bible and how all of its parts work together.